Following on the heals of the Grand Theft Auto V release date announcement, Codemasters, the developers of Fuel, Dirt and Grid have announced May 28, 2013 as the North American release date for Grid 2. The UK will have to wait until May 31 .
To the right you can see the official box art which was also revealed. The PS3, Xbox 360 and PC will all share the same box art.
On the Codemasters community forum they say that they’re “pleased to confirm that pre-orders for GRID 2 should now be available at your favourite retailer”. Some local retailers will be offering pre-order bonuses. The pre-order bonuses available are:
McLaren Racing Pack – available through Games Stop
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Special Edition
- 2 new routes around the Brands Hatch GP Circuit
- Special Online Event
Indycar Pack – available through Best Buy
- Dallara IndyCar and the IndyCar Pace car
- 2 new routes around Indianapolis Motor Speedway Circuit
- Exclusive Online Event
Head Start Pack – available through Amazon
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT
- Discounts in the Car upgrades store
- A unique RaceNet bonus
GTR Racing Pack – unsure of availability
- Nissan GT-R Spec road car
- Yas Marina daytime circuit
- Exclusive online event
Will you be pre-ordering Grid 2? Which pre-order bonus are you going to go for?
Enjoy a Grid 2 race with motorsport journalist Chris Harris: